See a day in the life of Eastsound
New Video From Orcas Online: Orcas Online | What We Do… Its a lot.
PEOPLE TO WATCH: Stephen Baker
- WSF reduces ferry service in central Puget SoundTemporary reduced schedules are part of the state’s COVID-19 response; our schedules remain the same at this point — from Washington State Ferries — Washington State Ferries’ central Puget Sound routes will temporarily move to a reduced service plan as part of the state’s response to COVID-19. These reductions will start at ... read more
- Orcas Today: March 27th-29thTake Out Burger Night FundraiserMarch 28th from 3:00-7:00pm at Kingfish at WestsoundKingfish is hosting this fundraiser for the Orcas Island Food Bank and will be accepting pre-orders only. Call in your order at 360-376-4440 or email at email@example.com. All orders will be take out. While all restaurants are required to ... read more
- Dead SpaceEver wonder what it would be like to be drifting alone in space with no escape plan, slowly watching the ship whose air you’re quickly burning through come apart at the seams, all the while being chased by unimaginable horrors that won’t die after shooting them in the head? You…you ... read more
- Book WarsAs a college student in 2020, there are some hard truths you have to deal with. Everything is expensive (price), everything is cheap (quality), you may gain no competitive edge over most peers, and ultimately, you (or often your future-self or parents) are seen as merely dollar signs by the ... read more
- Hello world!Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing! ... read more
- Built with a super power!
- AHHHHH CHOOOOOO!!!!!!Loud Boss Guy sneezes even louder than his typical full attention demanding volume!! AHHHH CHOOOOOOOO!!!!! Young HotShot has been sick but extremely recently. It’s only Wednesday and Monday Young Hot-Shot had a cold that he came in and shared with us for a very short while – also bought me ... read more
- “What’s this kind of board called?”We have these “J Peg” or “J” hooks on our retail wall… Loud Boss Guy says, “What’s this board called? It has a special name.” I’m like, “I don’t know – jpeg board? Let me google it.” Ok. Now knowing that jpeg is a file type I search it anyway. ... read more
- When BitCoin Goes Bust*If you were thinking and breathing in 2017/18 you probably heard of BitCoin**. The illusive cryptocurrency is shrouded in mystery for any number of lay people, but with a whispering promise of a future paved in gold for anyone who invests. Not quite. BitCoin is at its core just another ... read more
- The Abdication of TraditionBeing a very discombobulated man in Milwaukee, Christopher Sholes was strange. He often wore trousers inches too short for his legs. Working on and off in print journalism throughout his life, with some time away after accepting a position as Collector of the Port of Milwaukee to which he was ... read more
- Technology: and the fall of the gerontocracyIt’s easy to sit back in ones rocking chair, knitting needles in hand, with the radio blasting in the background while viciously condemning the technology of the new age. A familiar and vivid image for some, completely unfounded for others. For years the gerontocracy has been sounding the alarm of ... read more
- Bahá’í BeliefsOver the past few weeks, I have been reading about the Bahá’í Faith. I find it to be a very compelling religion due to the core messages of the Faith and the principals taught by its leaders. I look forward to learning much more about it. The following is a brief ... read more
- STOP SPENDING MONEY!!!
- He always buys these things off-island!! Conchas. How do I make them??My husband is Mexican and every time we go off-island we return with shopping bags full of Mexican Bread “Pan”. One particular type I looked at, noticed they get gobbled quickly by all, and decided to make them… But how… Let’s google it! “Conchas Recipe Video” Now there were ... read more
- Un Chien AndalouRecently I have been reading about “les années folles” also known as the Golden Years. It refers mostly to 1920’s France and the rise of the Modernism, Surrealism, and Cubism as well as an increase of nihilism and a general return to the principals of the enlightenment. art movement and the ... read more
- Justice: A Radical, Prophetic Call to the Academy and the PewThe loud voice of a spirit led, Jamaican raised professor filled the small auditorium this evening as Dr. Pedrito Maynard-Reid gave an invigorating and lively call to academia (WWU specifically) and the Pew (the Adventist Church primarily). Dr. Maynard-Reid hearkened back to the old days of the Adventist church and ... read more
- Anchor – Radio, reinventedI have recently come across a media production/consumption app called Anchor. The app can be explained beautifully by the tagline of the application, “Anchor – Radio, reinvented”. Anchor provides a platform for people to record their own voice or the sound around them and upload it to their channel. This creates ... read more
- Building a PCBackground A few years ago I had a strange notion that I wanted to build myself a computer. I work with computers a lot day to day and I have come to understand a fair deal about them, but I was naively unaware of what lay ahead. The different aspects ... read more